What are the differences between "raw" "remy" and "keratin-enriched" virgin hair
What is Raw Hair?
- Raw virgin hair is a type of hair that has been cut directly from the donor with the hair cuticles all aligned and left in its most natural state. It is unprocessed, so it has not been bleached, permed, dyed, or chemically altered. Due to the unprocessed nature of this hair, it is very durable and can be bleached, dyed, and chemically altered without damage when done professionally. Raw virgin hair is a very high-quality hair type True Glory is best known for!
What is Remy Hair?
- Remy hair is a type of virgin hair where the hair cuticles are all aligned. However, unlike Raw virgin hair, the hair is not from a single donor and has been gently steamed to create curls and a beautiful finish. This hair type is what most hair companies in the U.S sell.
- Due to the nature of this hair, the strands are more fine and delicate and not as durable as Raw virgin hair so we do not recommend chemically altering this hair. This hair can be straightened and curled and you can achieve the same beautiful styles as Raw virgin hair for less! Hair tip: because the strands of remy hair are finer than raw hair, it can be more prone to shedding and tangling; therefore, it is essential to co-wash remy hair and keep it moisturized!
What is Keratin-Enriched Hair?
Keratin-Enriched hair is a type of Raw virgin hair that has been conditioned with our naturally-derived propriety ProteinPlex™ treatment. This enhances the hair’s durability, longevity, and overall beauty, extending the hair’s life past its usual normal life when left in its original raw state. Due to this additional treatment, this hair is our most expensive, but highest quality hair, that can only be found at True Glory Hair!
- Key benefits of Keratin-Enriched Hair:
- Natural protection against color-treatment and damage caused by styling
- Naturally fuller-looking virgin hair
- Even longer lifespan! 3+ years with proper maintenance
- Click here to visit our Keratin-Enriched page to learn more!