The term "lemonade braids" came into being when Beyoncé released her album Lemonade. Her braids were pulled back on the album cover, and the hairstyle rapidly became a favorite among women. If you enjoy lemonade braids, you can wear them with or without using hair extensions. Lemonade braids come with long cornrows that go over the side of the head and cascade over the shoulder. Check out how to do the lemonade braids at home and 5 ponytail lemonade braids that always stay in style regardless of the season.
Products To Achieve The Looks!
High Half-Ponytail With Medium Lemonade Braids
A high half-ponytail hairstyle is an excellent way to switch up your lemonade braids. Wrap a section of braids around your ponytail's base and secure it using bobby pins. Do not leave out any braids to achieve this stylish and neat look. The half-ponytail is a classic and looks great with both casual and formal outfits! You can wear this lemonade braid hairstyle to a party or even on an important day at the office.
Double Pigtail With Lemonade Braids
The braids in the middle add a fun twist to the traditional double pigtails. Whether you're heading to a vacation or pool party, the playful look of this lemonade braid hairstyle will give you a fantastic appearance. Because the braids are large, they won't cause any damage to your hairline. Moreover, braiding or unbraiding your hair is a simple process with this hairstyle!
Deep Side-Parted Lemonade Braids With Highlights
Do a deep side part and use colored weaves to achieve a gorgeous look. Tie the lemonade braids into a ponytail and conceal the base by wrapping it with a few braids. Apply hair mousse to style the edges. This hairstyle looks great with summer outfits and is a great look for formal occasions.
Ponytail Lemonade Braids With Zig-Zag Parting
These medium-sized braids are closely spaced and include a stylish diagonal split that gives a unique touch to the braided hairstyle. The side-swept appearance helps frame your face and make it the highlight of the look. Don't forget to style your baby hair, as it brings your entire look together.
Low Ponytail Lemonade Braids
A low ponytail is a great hairstyle option for women with lemonade braids, especially when it's hot and humid outside. Gather your lemonade braids near the nape and tie them into a low ponytail. Pair this stunning hairstyle with hoop earrings. Go the extra mile and wrap a bright-colored thread on a few braids to make your low ponytail lemonade braids stand out.
If you are not confident about how to plait lemonade braids, here’s how you can do it:
How To Plait Lemonade Braids
Using hair extensions can help you achieve voluminous and gorgeous lemonade braids. Here is a step-by-step guide to achieving gorgeous lemonade braids using hair extensions:
- Wash your natural hair with a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner and let it dry completely. Clean your scalp thoroughly because your hair will be braided for a long time.
- Use a rat-tail comb and take a section of hair out from the top middle section of hair, creating a U-shape. Tie this section away to style it later.
- Divide your hair into straight horizontal portions starting at the nape of your neck. Braid your hair from one side to the other to create a base braid right on the nape. Fold your hair extensions in half and add them to your braids as you go. A section of your natural hair braid should be added to the right side of your extension. This way, the hair on the left becomes the central section, and stitches are made in the same manner.
- Add extra extensions every 2 or 3 stitches to achieve a fuller, thicker look. Secure the braid with an elastic hairband once it has reached the desired length.
- Continue the steps mentioned above for each section, working your way from the back to the top until you've covered the entire head.
- Untie the U-shape part and divide it into small sections. Braid them towards your face and add hair extensions as you go; this step helps create a side-swept look, and you have the lemonade braids ready.
The above-mentioned ponytail braided hairstyles will definitely make heads turn this season. Flaunt different designs, patterns with or without hair extensions for your lemonade braids. Learn how to plait lemonade braids at home with the step-by-step guide mentioned above and sport your favorite lemonade braids hairstyle!